The very basic question asked by every traveler.
Ranthambhore is very well connected to other parts of India. This is the reason why, the place gets overcrowded in weekends & holidays. It is situated on main rail route connecting Delhi Mumbai west central zone. Below information will help you a lot in planning your trip & saving your time.
REACHING RANTHAMBHORE BY AIR
Jaipur Airport is the nearest airport for Ranthambhore. The others are Udaipur & Delhi airport which are at equi-distant from travelling time point of view.
- Jaipur: The nearest airport is Jaipur. From here it is 160 kms (3.5hours) by car.
- Agra: From Agra, Ranthambhore is 290kms, 06:00 hrs by car.
- Delhi: If want to drive directly from IGI airport Delhi, then it will take 06:30 hrs by car
- Udaipur: From here also one can reach Ranthambhore in 06 to 07 hours by car.
REACHING RANTHAMBHORE BY TRAIN
The railway station is called Sawai Madhopur. You have to get down here.
- From Jaipur by train it takes 02:00 hours by any super fast train. There are many trains which will solve your purpose.
- From Delhi, it takes about 06:00 hrs ( superfast trains). If you take Rajdhani Express then it will take 03:30hours.
- From Mumbai, it is overnight journey. There are many trains. But, If you take Rajdhani express then starting from Mumbai at 05:00 pm, you can reach Sawai Madhopur next early morning by 06:30 am. The other nice trains are Mumbai- Jaipur super fast express, Bandra –Jaipur superfast express.
Beside these trains, there are weekly trains to this destination form major cities of India. We have direct trains from South India i.e Bangalore, Mysore, Ernakulum( Kerala),Goa,Coimbatore.
If someone wants to come from Eastern side of India, then also there is weekly train from Kolkata,Guwahati. Beside this one can reach Up to Agra and from there you get other options. From Agra it is 226kms by train ( 04:30hours by superfast trains). By road it is 06:00 hours drive by car.
Pls note that at Agra we have more & regular trains from south India. So one can come to Agra, after doing Taj Mahal one can drive to Ranthambhore.
For deciding your train www.indianrail.gov.in can be of great help to you.